March 11-21, 2019 Helicopter to and from Base Camp
Minimum Group Size: 4 Clients
Cost of Trip:
Helicopter In and Out Trip: USD $19,000
Trip begins in Bali, Indonesia
Our Carstensz Expeditions for the 2019 Season
- Climb one of the least attempted of the Seven Summits
- Trip begins and ends in beautiful Bali, Indonesia
- Carstensz veteran American and Indonesian staff that have successfully led all previous trips with 100% Summit Success
Let Mountain Professionals take you there
Want to learn more about climbing Carstensz Pyramid, the highest mountain in Oceania? Contact us today and we will give you all the info you need.
Highlights of our Trip
Highlights of our Trip
- We utilize Helicopter transfers to and from Base Camp or Heli In and Trek Out as another option
- Veteran American mountain guides to ensure seamless delivery and safety procedures
- Access to satellite phone and email, dispatches of the team progress on our news site
- Emphasis is placed on providing high end logistics, staff, equipment and services to a small team of climbers
- Accommodation in the Bali Rani Hotel before and after the trip
Carstensz Pyramid, or Puncak Jaya as it is known locally, is located on the island of Papua. It is a mountain of beautifully pocketed limestone that shoots abruptly out of a very dense forest. It is widely considered by the mountaineering community to be the true “Seventh Summit” covering the Australia/Oceania swath of earth for those trying to climb the highest mountain on each continent.
Mountain Professionals last expedition to Carstensz Pyramid was in October of 2015 with 100% summit success. The team reached the summit of the mountain in a relatively short time period with the use of the helicopter access to base camp. We specialize in running helicopter assisted trips to Carstensz Pyramid with both options of helicopter in/out and with a trek out.
This trip was unforgettable! Being able to have the experience of trekking in Papua made the trip and by helicoptering into the mountain, made it more manageable for my schedule. Experiencing the people and villages in Papua was epic and the smooth logistics Ryan provided can’t be beat!
Carstensz Pyramid is regarded as one of the more technically difficult of the Seven Summits, but climbers with basic rock climbing knowledge, knots, and rappelling will not have difficulty with any of the terrain. The route is a wonderful alpine rock climb that includes scrambling on 4th class rock terrain, ascending fixed ropes with the use of an ascender and rappelling skills. Being equatorial, there is little variation in the mean temperature during the year and the glaciers on the surrounding peaks fluctuate on seasonal basis only slightly.
We believe in maximizing our chances on the mountain, with conservative acclimatization, high staff to client ratios, including local guides from our logistics partners in Indonesia, and top-notch base camp and in country helicopter services. For many, this is the trip of a lifetime, for others it may be the first of many more high altitude adventures to come. Carstensz is considered by most to be the mountain that reigns as the biggest prize in the region and of course the interest of those who would like to climb the highest peak on each of the seven continents.
Our in country logistics partner is one of the adventure tour consultants in Indonesia that hold a special release to operate the Carstensz Pyramid logistics with the expedition program and private charter by helicopter transfer to Base Camp.
We utilize high quality tents, food, climbing gear and recognize the importance of the clients overall experience on and off the mountain. While on Carstensz you will be climbing alongside our professional international mountain guides that maintain high safety standards and will manage the overall expedition expedition flow as well as the local staff.
Recent Trip Results
Recent Trip Results
- March 2018 – 100% Summit
- October 2016 – 100% Summit
- October 2015 – 100% Summit – Dispatches
- March 2015 – 100% Summit – Dispatches
- October 2014 – 100% Summit – Dispatches
- November 2010 – 100% Summit Success
We have upcoming expeditions to Carstensz Pyramid with Helicopter transfers to and from base camp which allows fast access and avoids extensive treks into the mountain. We are one of the few companies offering helicopter trips to Carstensz Pyramid.
Projected itinerary helicopter in and out
- Day 1: Arrive in Bali International airport. We will transfer you to the down town for check in service to our Hotel. Dinner and team briefing.
- Day 2: Take a domestic evening flight to Tamika in Papua.
- Day 3: Timika to Carstensz Pyramid Base Camp via helicopter flight. Move into camp and go on an acclimatization hike
- Day 4: Acclimatization hike and rest for summit
- Day 5: Summit Day
- Day 6: Reserve Summit Day
- Day 7: Early morning pickup via helicopter and return to Timika.
- Day 8: Return Domestic Flight to Bali or Reserve day for delay. Overnight in hotel.
- Day 9 and 10: Reserve days in schedule for any delays.
- Day 11: Transport to Bali Airport for your return international flight.
Trip Cost Includes
- Mountain Professionals guides.
- Transfer from Bali airport to and from our hotel.
- Accommodation in Bali and Timika on a twin sharing basis.
- Transfer to and from Basecamp, via helicopter transfers if applicable.
- Round trip domestic airfare to and from Timika.
- Assistant guides and cook.
- All meals outside of Bali, base camp dining tent, and personal tents.
- Group climbing equipment, safety and communications gear.
- All group permits for climbing and personal Indonesia entry permissions.
Price does not include
- Items of personal nature, individual travel costs, delays, taxis, etc.
- Personal Indonesia entry visa.
- Personal clothing or gear.
- Alcoholic drinks and personal snacks.
- Required Travel/Trip Cancellation Insurance.
- Staff gratuities.