December 27, 2018 | First and foremost everyone is safe and sound, the iconic Yvon Chounard once said, “it’s not an adventure until something goes wrong”. For our final groups down south, the last portion of our expeditions has truly been an adventure.
Mother nature always has the last say into well laid out plans, in this case, she has opted to delay transportation for all our expeditions down south.
To adopt and adaptable character is a crucial skill when embarking on these expeditions, where certainty is a myth, and adapting to adversity and uncertainty can help to fortify a mentality primed for success.
Despite inclement weather delays we continue to make progress. Our Last Degree 2 team has finally made it down to Union Glacier from Southern Chile. Our Vinson V2 team has been waiting out a swath of thick cloud cover that has delayed the flight back to Union Glacier from Basecamp. We expect to hear back from them today on a status update.
And lastly, our Last Degree team is spending some quality time on the ice on the South Pole, devouring bacon cheeseburgers. They are also waiting out inclement weather to get a flight back down to Union Glacier as well
Everyone is happy and healthy and patiently awaiting their next move as our weather dissipates. Send all the good weather vibes and stay tuned as we continue to get updates on our teams progress.
THE MOUNTAIN PROFESSIONALS FAMILY